View Single Post
TiredSibling
Newly Joined

Member Since Jul 2022
Default Jul 04, 2022 at 10:45 AM

Hello BPD community. As a younger sibling of an older Borderline sister, I'm reaching out to this community in hopes that you can help.

My sister is currently in her early 30s. She was always strong-minded and spent her childhood and teens taking care of my older brother and I. After graduating college, her career never really took off. We know it's because of her ex-girlfriend of 13 years. Their relationship was very intense and made her mood swings and pathological lying worse.

All of this stress (including witnessing the physical abuse of her mother from my father as a child) must have done a lot of psychological damage to her. I know this because of a few reasons.
  • she can't hold down a job. Mood swings make her disagreeable to staff and coworkers.
  • small disputes trigger very intense mood changes (which has led to gaslighting and physical violence toward me)
  • "loose cannon" personality makes her seem scatterbrained, unkempt and fragmented

She needs to be on disability ASAP. Her mental health prevents her from functioning as she should. Does anyone know how we can get started with helping her? She doesn't have a diagnosis yet, so first I need resources for low-cost or free psych evaluation. Also, links to apply for disability benefits and low-cost pharmaceuticals. Thanks in advance!
TiredSibling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady, Yaowen