View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 08, 2022 at 01:06 PM

On another topic, I live in Southern CA. It is hot here now. I am wearing long sleeves due to my kind of recent Self Harm episode. Prior to that I was wearing short sleeves sometimes even though I have really visible scars, I mean, anyone who looks at my arms should be able to figure it out. A coworker commented on my long sleeve wearing the other day and I kind of blew it off. But it bugged me a little. Not incredibly much though.

Then Sunday we are getting one of my nieces and one of my nephews and they will stay with us for two weeks. Normally I could wear short sleeves on the weekends at least but with them staying with us I will probably be wearing long sleeves the whole time because I never want to put it into their mind that this is a good option to deal with their problems. If it was just my niece, I might have worn short sleeves as she is a few weeks away from being 18 and I have opened up to her more as she has gotten older about my mental health disorders and stuff. But not with the nine year old there.

Wearing long sleeves isn't the end of the world, it's just sometimes uncomfortable, or inconvenient. I do wish people wouldn't comment on them though.

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448, Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3