View Single Post
trytolovelife

Member Since Jun 2022
1 hugs
given
Default Jul 09, 2022 at 10:17 PM

HI,
So my wife left me 2 years ago, after 19 years of marriage (so much pain in 1 short sentence). We are divorced now, but talk regularly, mostly about the kids.
She never really told me why she left and I have been struggling ever since trying to accept the various horrible accusations she made. She recently agreed to have some discussions to help me find closure. and she just retracted a huge nasty statement she made at the time of separation that I have never been able to find peace with.
Tonight she made nasty comments about me not supporting my kids. I texted her that I shared all my income with her for the year and half of separation that was above and beyond. I have never withheld any financial support, and have even given more at times, so it feels very ungrateful. She said I took money from her which was completely untrue.
I have for so many years put her on a pedestal and respected her, and now I'm just struggling to acknowledge that she is a sick person (not nasty) and I should not be offended by her comments and attitudes.
Please don't tell me she's just sick and I should forget her. I need time to absorb it.
trytolovelife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote