View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,850 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2022 at 12:02 PM

Just as an update since starting ACT : So far it's has been helpful. There's a specific emergency call line that won't just call the police to my house. My ffs worker has made sure I have enough meds (and even gets someone to deliver them to my house if need be) but only a week's worth at a time in case I get tempted to OD on them. She's helping me get Narcan. She's helping me find some income by pet sitting and dog walking. Case management is helping me find a place to live away from those actively using. I'm a week clean tomorrow and it's been HELL but I feel like once I get my addiction issues under my belt I can get my PTSD/schizoaffective under my belt and then maybe I'll be able to go back to school (although after head injuries, ECT, meds, mania, psychosis, depression, untreated ADHD, I don't feel smart enough to go back to my STEM major).
It's nice to have all these supports available. All this week I have someone to see. Case manager today, ffs tomorrow, NP and group Wednesday.
My ffs worker is so nice. I was high when she showed up last week and she didn't even drill me. Just made sure I wasn't ODing and asked about getting me narcan.
I have a new injection nurse too. I was sad about that because I really trusted my old one, but I'm sure after a few months I'll be able to tell her the same stuff I told the last one. and Hopefully there'll be less to tell.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, LonesomeTonight, Nammu, ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, LonesomeTonight, Nammu, Quietmind 2