View Single Post
ArmorPlate108

Member Since Mar 2022
981 hugs
given
Default Jul 13, 2022 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I’m not at all qualified to advise but I would like to offer my support - I believe you, even if professionals so far haven’t. You know him better than anyone.

Misdiagnosis does happen, I have known someone with lifelong mental health issues be treated for a worsening of them when in fact they had a physical neurological issue (new one) and the psych meds worsened it. Any doctor or psych should be alert to this and they should listen to you and your daughter.

You do need to look after yourself in all of this, and your daughter. I hope there is somewhere (friend or relative) you can go for at least a small break from this? Or is he now requiring full time supervision?

Hugs

PS - I’ve volunteered with people living with dementia at various stages for years and never come across long bi-annual seasonal cycles as you describe, although sun Downing (confusion in the evening) is common.
Thank you. It's nice you say you believe me, somedays I don't believe myself. I say we've been living in the twilight zone for four years.

No, he is relatively functional. If you met him for a little while, you would probably think he's a normal guy. His problems are more in changing behaviors and personality, but we may be seeing more cognitive and memory issues. He's good at covering things though.

I think he has about four cycles a year, but those two are extra bad for some reason, but it's helpful to know that is probably not common in dementia. I suspect that there are multiple things going on, and given the rare tumor, it may be something else that is rare.

Thank you so much for taking the time. This thread has been a godsend this week.
ArmorPlate108 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated