View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,524 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2022 at 09:34 AM

We haven't been to the vet yet. Our appt. is late this afternoon. I thought I'd share our morning adventure cuz it's sort of funny.

Boomer likes to hide during the day, but comes out for breakfast and supper. I thought I would put him in a carrier when he came out for breakfast. Except he did not come out for breakfast. My mind immediately went to the worst case scenario that he was too sick/weak to come out. I did a quick search, then decided to have my breakfast. He came wandering out while I ate, but he kept going back into hiding. Well, at least I knew where he was hiding and that he was relatively okay.

Finished breakfast, grabbed a flashlight and headed for where I thought he was hiding (under the bed in the guest bedroom). The bed is higher than usual off the floor. I got down on my stomach to see if I could spot him. Nope. Shifted around boxes of stuff in storage under the bed. Spotted him huddled up as far back as he could get. Scooted my shoulders under the bed. Couldn't reach him. Scooted further. Still could not reach him. Eventually I was having to creep forward pushing with just my toes. Then I felt one of the other cats walking on my legs. Miette, who has to be in the middle of everything, squeezed up next to me to check things out. She got told to go away.

I go back to creeping forward toward Boomer making soothing sounds and trying to coax him to come to me. No way!

Then when I could almost reach him I had an asthma attack! Envision this, I'm flat on my belly under the bed, absolutely no room above me, no quick out from under the bed and struggling to breathe!

Finally got my breathing under control and got close enough to get hold of Boomer. He is now in a carrier with some food. He will stay there until we get home from the vet.

Before anyone asks why not move the bed, I can't. There's so much stuff piled onto and around it there's no way. Plus Boomer would have taken off leaving me to hunt his new hidey hole.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, MuddyBoots, Nammu, SlumberKitty, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
pachyderm