View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,462 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2022 at 01:35 PM

I'm doing a bit better today. I have to go get blood drawn to check on the anemia. I feel kind of weak when I stand. Maybe it's just the heat and being deconditioned. But my slow GI bleed might be acting up.

One year ago, I had no idea I was leaking blood, until one day when I could hardly carry in a few bags of groceries. Got in the front door and had to sit and rest before I could put them away. So I went to the ER, where blood work showed severe anemia. Got admitted and was given a transfusion of red blood cells. Wow! Right after that I could walk up and down the hallway normally. You'ld think you would know if you were having a GI bleed. If it is happening slowly enough, there are no symptoms. You would never realize it, until you develop "restless leg syndrome," or you suddenly can't stand very long or walk very far. While sitting, I felt perfectly fine. Past few days, I keep wanting to sit down. I tell myself it could be the heat, but . . . . .

I have someone coming tomorrow who I'm paying to help me clean the house. I have to be able to work with her. A lot of stuff has to be organized, which I can't just delegate. So I hope I'll be up to it. Once I get my place straightened out, I know I'll feel far less depressed.

If the labs show worsening anemia, they'll schedule me to get I/V iron. That also will make me feel better physically and mentally. So I feel hopeful now that whatever is wrong in my life can be fixed. On that note, I better get up and make the most of today.

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Breaking Dawn, Deilla, T4bbyCat