View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2022 at 02:56 PM

I've never liked the heat of summer, and as a native of New Jersey, I can say the humidity was always nasty, too. Now where I am in Czech Republic, it's usually milder in temps but too often dry. I also complain about the dryness. Either way, I can't be in the sun for very long and I've almost always avoided it because I do not tan. I am only "Vice President of the Cement Factory" white, white with some freckles, or beet red that peels and heals back to white. No tanning. Nowadays I wear high SPF sunscreen when outside for long, along with a hat, sunglasses, and sometimes very thin long sleeves. Or I stick to the shade or inside the house. There's skin cancer in my family. I've also developed age spots that needed to be lasered off my face. When it's been extremely hot and humid, I'm prone to prickly heat or other heat related skin issues, especially with exercise. Since starting to take higher doses of antipsychotics, my body heat regulation became even more affected, so I have to be drinking cold beverages (not including alcohol) frequently. Antipsychotic weight gain doesn't help either. The fact that I'm in perimenoupause exacerbates all of this. Anxiety on top of that can make me sweat a lot. The more I sweat, the more I get anxious. Viscous circle all around.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bizi, Fuzzybear, Nammu

Thanks for this!
bizi