View Single Post
Mendingmysoul
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2019
807 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 16, 2022 at 11:23 PM

I inherited my green thumb from my dad.In pursuit of staying away from my mom I used to hang around my dad when I was home and my dad was in the yard if not at work.He used to engage me in weeding,watering and stuff like that.Watching my dad making trellis for climbers was so awesome .He used to holler at me when he needed extra hands.I liked the attention thus he paid to me. Eventually gardening became my favourite pastime now.I have many heirlooms.I like doing experiments in my garden.I propagate my plants.In my childhood when dad got very busy with his work I took over his garden.I grew all kinds of seasonal and perennials. I grew herbs,corn,potatoes,onions,tomatoes,beans.My dad had a friend who grew vegetables in his garden.He used to come over to check upon my vegetable patch and gave suggestions. He really admired my enthusiasm as a little girl.He used to give me his extra seedlings.My garden buddy he was.I was into cooking too.It was fun to harvest my own herbs and veggies to cook.

Thank you Fuzzy for this thread.Some good memories surfaced today.
Mendingmysoul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Fuzzybear