View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 17, 2022 at 06:50 AM

I've never tried to plant an avocado pit. I think they'd do best in a more tropical or Mediterranean environment, which I don't live in. Perhaps if I had a greenhouse or Florida room it might be possible to plant in a huge pot. I don't know. I have grown herbs, tomatoes, and peppers from seed with success. I also enjoy planting flower bulbs. The latter are the easiest.

Is there a specific distress tolerance skill you're interested in? I had some DBT therapy a couple times in an IOP Women's program. When I was attending I wasn't able to practice anything because I was mostly manic or manic with mixed features. I did revisit DBT skills years later and now find some (not all) useful. I think the self-soothing involves some mindfulness. Taking time to concentrate on and involve oneself in pleasant sensory things (pretty picture or watching a chipmunk, smell of cinnamon, feel of my favorite alpaca blanket).

I think Radical Acceptance is often misunderstood. It's not telling oneself to be satisfied with a bad situation (or thing), but that bad situations happen in life and things will either get better in time or that it's time to start concentrating on the things in life that ARE good. Or, accept what's been and finally work to move on because it is impossible to change the past. What was was. Or what's now need not be in the future. These are the main Distress Tolerance skills I use.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bizi, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Fuzzybear, Mendingmysoul