View Single Post
ilive4music

Member Since Sep 2013
53 hugs
given
Default Jul 17, 2022 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannii91 View Post
So ever since I was 17 (I’m now 30) I have been through on and off periods of questioning my sexuality. One moment I am convinced that I am just a straight woman who gets girl crushes and then one new piece of information regarding things like bisexuality, asexuality, etc and then I am once again in the cycle of questioning. As a result this has often times given me anxiety when it comes to dating and relationships as I am always afraid that I will never be attracted to the guys I am dating.

I have had crushes on a few boys as a kid, but I have had far more infatuations towards women (usually I don’t really want to have sex or marry them). I rarely have crushes on guys. And this of course makes me anxious.

Currently I am with my boyfriend for 2 years, but the anxiety and fears of not really loving him do interfere with things at times. I am at a certain stage of my life and sometimes I fear that I will someday be in an unfulfilled marriage because I didn’t allow myself to further explore my sexuality.

I told my therapist about this during our last session and she said that if this is a significant part of me that has probably mostly gone unexplored then maybe I should find ways of exploring this without compromising my current relationship.

Do any of you have any tips on how I can explore my sexuality without having to do anything immoral like cheat?

I understand you dont want to hurt your boyfriend, but you have been questioning this for years right? So I would think about it, and discuss more with your therapist about ways of perhaps exploring your sexuality..if I was in your position...I understand you dont want to hurt him, but being honest in a relationship and communication is the key. if you really feel strongly that you might have feelings for women, perhaps it would be better to find out now before things with your boyfriend get more serious , and you hurt him even more...
that's just my opinion..
ilive4music is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote