View Single Post
Travelinglady
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Sep 2010
22.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 18, 2022 at 11:17 PM

I gained a lot of weight on Remeron, so I know how easy it is for someone to gain weight because of a drug--and how hard the weight is to get off. But I did at the time. (I was much younger.)

I am overweight again--not due to medication, though--and my doctor had me doing all sorts of diets and exercise programs. The most I could lose each time was 12 pounds!

Speaking of parents, my dad is long dead. My mother finally learned to accept me like I was. (She's passed on now.) What does your mother say or is she still around?

I don't recall that you said how old you are, but if you are still living at home, you might just have to try to not pay attention and do the best you can to get at the weight YOU want to be, even if it's considered overweight.

I think American society is too obsessed over weight. I see women who are supposedly at a healthy weight and honestly , they look like sticks to me. I think your dad is doing wrong by fat-shaming you. It sounds like he's weight-obsessed, too.....

My personal doctor hasn't said a word about my weight the last few times I've been to see her. I see she's gained some weight, too.....Ha!

Regarding marriage, it's true that some men like larger women. My husband and I were both average weight when we married almost 34 years ago. But he can't say anything about my being overweight because he's even more overweight than I am! But some other men would even like me now, if they were into large, short women....
Travelinglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote