View Single Post
Mrtulip

Member Since Jul 2022
Default Jul 19, 2022 at 02:23 PM

My experience is that most people who are experts fail to talk about their methods and what they are focusing on i their therapy or lessons.
I've been looking into this a little more. What sems to be true is that things are not just black and white. Nothing is.
What I have found is that most people say that experts, be it psychiatry or something else, often don't feel comfortable talking about their methods that much. It could be due to the fact that they think that a patience or a student should not focus on such things. Perhaps they think it's not good for a patience to analyse the experts, eg psychologists, methods when dealing with specific issues. That seems to be a good thing to me in many ways even if it has its problems. If for example a psychologist avoids talking about what he/she will focus on and what methods will be used then I think there will be a lot of missunderstanding.
I often thought that experts in eg psychiatry would tell me what they did and what issues they would focus on. Right now I don't trust anyone who avoids talking about their methods of working and what they will focus on. But I don't think that an intellectual discussion about it is needed. I think the patience should at least be aware of it.
What happened to me was that I tried to get help from people who actually could not help me.
I should add that communication issues will always be present if you ask me.
Another important issue is that some psychologists or teachers just want use the same exact procedure when dealing with different people. This means that there will be no personal meeting. They do the same thing with everyone.

I suspect that a lot of the experts whohave issues with misscommunication have ASD issue or are NTs with a bad understanding of ASD.

What can you say about this? How can one deal with this?
Mrtulip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Yaowen