View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 20, 2022 at 11:24 AM

I'm still crawling back to a better level of energy and emotions. Far less irritable and grumpy which is how I get when maxxed out on attention to high performance in a high stakes situation.

I'm continually tricking myself into getting stuff done. Right now, I've returned to autofocus which I call Jacquard because how I run it is based on the card system Monsieur J. devised for running patterns through looms. The cards were adapted for the earliest computers.

What I do is give all active domains a 000 address: friends are in the 100s, paid work to the 200s, and so on. Then with the ease of my spreadsheet I just list things and they occur and give them a number in the series. Contact James goes on as: 151 James, and 152 hold reach out to Mary: 152 Mary.

When I've done something I strike it through.

What I like is I can sort at any time to cluster similar items. I can also add in any order and tasks roll in or they occur to me.

I think the original concept and thus articles written about it are too complicated. Much similar to my feelings about the Dot Journal calendar method. And also the Second Brain stuff out there. What these over-wrought methods do is shift ones attention away from the work to the tool. It's as if every time I reached for pencil I had to rotate it so the label side faced away from me. Why? I may only want to put a time on my calendar?
R

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely

Thanks for this!
downandlonely