View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,117 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2022 at 04:43 PM

1) Don't know what I'd major in (philosophy was the funnest class I ever took but I'm also good at math so maybe some type of engineering or chemistry or something. Problem is I'm interested in everything until I'm not.)
2) Tried a few semester of community college, but kept failing classes and gave up.

Thing is they think I have adhd. I think I have adhd. I talked to my old pdoc who knew me better than anyone and he thinks I have adhd (but while I was working with him we had other things to get under control first). Problem is I also am prone to mania and psychosis so treating it with anything that works is out. My old NP (I'm in between med providers) said I'd have to get neuropsych testing which is at least a year wait list depending on where I go and THEN after getting diagnosed we can work on it in therapy and/or try clonidine. Also concerned about the stress of school making my schizoaffective worse. I'm on SSDI because I can't even work steadily and I've been hospitalized like 30 times in the past ten years for mania/psychosis/depression/mixed states so that's another concern.

So I've been thinking about going back to work too. Maybe get my old job back as a ride/aquatics/ski lift operator. But same concerns plus being worried about being kicked off SSDI and losing medicare/medicaid and thus being kicked out of my current treatment (which requires me being on medicaid).

Advice? I really need something to do during the days

Hugs from:
Discombobulated