View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,389 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2022 at 09:00 PM

My vet called the honking "goose honking". That sounded right. I had recorded an episode on my phone so she could hear exactly what was going on since I obviously couldn't make her have an episode on command.

I felt horrible too and had to wait a while to get in. I couldn't wait to see the vet and get steroids. She was so much better within days of the steroid shot. Abby mostly wanted to be left alone during and after an episode and then if another didn't follow she'd act normally again. It was worst when they happened close together.

The hope I can offer you is that aside from maybe 10 episodes that were much, much milder, she's been fine since May. The episodes she did have were probably related to a combination of cleaner and stress. The ones she's had since the steroids have been brief and really haven't phased her. It can get better and I truly believe it will get better for you.

The steamy shower is a good idea. I've done that with my now in heaven boy. He also responded well to a humidifier if you have one. I'd put it on the floor near him and try to point it at him. I had to move around a lot to keep it on him but it did help. He was helped by the shower but wasn't all that fond of being shut in the bathroom with me. I never tried it with Abby. If she has another round I'll try the shower first nad humidifier 2nd.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, downandlonely, MuseumGhost