View Single Post
Waterbear
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2016
1,316 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 26, 2022 at 04:50 PM

I've done a lot of work in therapy reconnecting with the younger part of me, Little One, and it has had an incredible impact on my life, for the better. But there has been another part, an older part, which I have never been able to reach, to connect with. It's a Teenage part who holds so much anger and fear, but not in a 'please help me' kind of way but a 'back off and do t ever try and come near me' kind of way. It means I can't get close to some of the trauma that I am trying to process, and apparently I dissociate a lot when we get too close. The other response is a physical writhing as I try and fight this part of me to try and do 'the work'.

I am so close to giving up, because it has been years trying to do this now, with seemingly no (or very little) progress. My Ex T and I tried all sorts of different things, and failed, and it seems it is going the same way with this new lady, sadly.

I am completely at a loss as to how to proceed here, and would love to hear any suggestions anyone may have as to how to reach this very difficult part of myself who is clinging on to all the hurt and anger so incredibly tightly.

I'd also love to hear some success stories, because I could really use the motivation to continue right about now. Thank you in advance for any support you might be able to offer. I'm more than happy to elaborate if needs be!
Waterbear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis, RTerroni, ScarletPimpernel, Taylor27, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
FloatThruThis, Quietmind 2