Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,800 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jul 28, 2022 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Young People Are Sharing The Things Older People Hate About Their Generation, And Some Points Were Made

Neither of my sons (29 and 31) are married and they say when they do marry, they don't want children. I've finally shut up about it, but I'll miss having grandchildren.
Interesting list.....#8 especially resonated with me. Not everyone is "cut out" to be a parent and if they know it's not for them, it's a wise decision. Doing something because our culture or an older generation expects you to can only led to disaster.

Personally I think my own parents were ill fit to be parents. They probably did it because it was what you did in those days. You conformed, or else you stuck out like a sore thumb. And standing out is something you didn't do. My parents used to nag me about grandchildren. I don't know why it was so important.

Having kids just to expect them to take care of you in old age is wrong too. It's a burden, what about THEIR lives? I agree with something said in the article about better child care here in the US. Not everyone has built-in babysitters and most employers don't allow PAID time off for child care, breastfeeding, sick children, or anything related to caring for children. But that's a whole other thread.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady