Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 28, 2022 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowtigger View Post
Will you be able to find them good homes, and take the babies back if the home does not work out? Something to consider when thinking about breeding any animal

The worst thing that can happen when a home does not work out, is the pet could end up going into rescue then never leaving the rescue alive, simply due to lack of homes

If you would have the time and space to look after any returned babies if the home does not work out, and the money to do so, until you have found a new forever home for any returned babies, then if there's a demand for them and not many in rescue, then its something to consider, however if the rescues are swamped with unwanted reptiles, its best to not breed them, cause it will be taking homes away from reptiles that will get euthanased due to lack of homes

I would only breed if I could do so responsibly. I agree. Bearded dragons need lots of calcium. They require two heat lamps, one for day and one for night as well as a UVB lamp which is one source of calcium. They can get rickets easily so proper diet and light are vital.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady