View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 29, 2022 at 04:43 PM

Like I've said, my relatives are way far away. In May I was in the hospital awfully sick with infection and sepsis. My 2 adult nieces never sent me a get well message on Facebook. One of them I was really surprised at. I helped her out in the past. I paid a big fine for her one day, so she wouldn't have to go to jail on that very day. I wired her the money. When I was working I sent nice gifts. She had surgery last year, and I sent lots of caring messages through Face book. She's on her laptop constantly, always checking facebook. I would often exchange messages with her. Then, when I'm in the hospital, not even one: "Hope u feel better, Auntie." It would have taken her 5 seconds.

When you don't have a spouse and children of your own, you're very alone in this world. Sometimes, a person like that, if they have some wealth, will receive attention from nieces and nephews. If I owned a nice home - with no child of my own to leave it to - those nieces would stay in touch. That's just how human nature is. It's just a fact of life. I didn't take the risk of having children and doing all the hard work of raising them, so I don't get the returns of having made that investment. I didn't help care for grandchildren. Having a family is a very great deal of work. I escaped all of that. You reap what you sow. If I'ld stayed back there where I'm from, I could have been more involved with my relatives. I always knew moving far away would exact a price.

Well, I guess that's enough lamentation out of me.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, FloatThruThis