View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 29, 2022 at 07:12 PM

Ugh, forgive me for not updating last night. I'm having some med changes, I'm spacey, forgetful - and (due to street repair nearby) my internet keeps going down. *sigh*

Anyway. London's vet visit went as well as could be. I like our vet; she's serious, but good-natured, thoughtful, and intelligent.

London has a "mild asthma." The vet doesn't want to put him on steroids at this point - unless his symptoms become more severe. IF he needs steroids he would begin with oral medication. Hopefully, he will never progress to needing steroid shots or an inhaler.

There are a number of bad side-effects with steroids, among them, steroids can cause feline diabetes. And since my cat Sidney is diabetic, I know what an awful disease it is.

The plan: track London's episodes. Whenever he has one write down date, time, etc.

Change the clay litter to wheat pellets. I'm a bit shocked at the price of wheat litter but, I have to try it out.

The vet did bring up air conditioning. Apparently it does dry the air and cause asthmatic animals to have more episodes. Some people use air filters in their a/c's. I am going to check that out online and see what it's about. Since I rent I don't know if an air filter is doable.

That's all I can think of right now. Yesterday and today have - so far - been good; London hasn't had any breathing issues. Poor guy was terrified at the vet's office, but he was snuggly and courageous.

I want to thank each of you for your friendship and support. It means the world!

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448, downandlonely, lizardlady, MuseumGhost, Nammu, SlumberKitty