Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,461 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 29, 2022 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Excellent idea. In my state if you have or qualify for Medicaid you enroll free of charge. Otherwise there’s a fee. It’s a good program. Hope Rose has one in her state
I read up on the PACE programs. You have to qualify for permanent placement in a nursing home.

I may have overdone it in making myself sound helpless. Right now I am acutely ill with a condition that has me very weak. If this anemia can be turned around, I'm a perfectly capable woman, with nothing else much wrong with me.

As recently as April, I could have hired myself out as a caregiver to an elder incapable of self-care. Just 2 years ago, I was completely caring for my invalid boyfriend who was dying of cancer and had dementia. He couldn't shower or shave himself. He couldn't get himself in and out of bed. I did all that. My capabilities hadn't changed much, until I got this anemia that got worse at an accelerating pace. For a good while, iron infusions were effective. Now, even bags of red blood cells can't keep up with it. Nursing homes can't care for this condition.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated