View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 30, 2022 at 07:14 AM

Thanks. Yes, I´ve heard a lot about the high temperatures and forest fires in southern Europe and I understand it´s hard to live in such a climate. I do have clothes for rainy days and I use them from time to time but it´s not the same and all outdoor restaurants, cafés and so on shuts down if it´s too rainy so it´s not that tempting to stay outside. During autumn you kind of expect that weather here but during summer you want the weather do be sunny and warm.

How nice you´ll meet up with your friend and talk about your dogs. Do you go to a dog park then? Or perhaps the dogs want to swim when it´s hot outside?

Thanks for the links about seasonal depression, I don´t think I have that, it´s more that I keep getting disappointed if I planned to go to the beach for example and then the weather turns out to be too cloudy or cold. But I´m feeling more low and down during winter time when it´s both cold and very dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
I understand you.
My situation is similar to that of @will19 and @Yaowen. Here, there are heat wave after heat wave. Very hard to go out unless you do it from 7:00am to 10:00 am. Last night, I took my doggies out at 12:30 at night and the temperature didn’t low a lot. 35,5 Celsius. We have been suffering high temperatures since the month of March. So, you can guess I’m longing for Autumn.
It’s only a matter of time than Spain becomes a desert.
Said that, I see your situation worse and completely understandable. Sun rays are needed and being in a place with rainy and cloudy days for a long time is depressive.
Buy the most comfortable clothes to be protected from the rain (I mean, a light raincoat so you won’t have to carry an umbrella with you). Take in your bag fresh clothes in case you get the surprise for a sudden weather change. Use the toilets in the parkings underground to change the clothes if necessary.
Look at the weather forecast to see which hours the temperature is gonna be more nice.

Don’t let the rain stop you. Look at for alternative activities such us, discovering new places in the city. Search in the net previously what you can be interested to visit.
Program indoors activities, such as, going to the theatre, attending to lectures about topics of your interest, joining to a group to do some kind of activity in a cultural centre. Doing these kind of activities or whatever others that may be of your interest gives you the chance to interact with people.

Tomorrow early in the morning I will hang out with a woman who also have doggies and we are gonna share with our “babies” the few hours we can be outside. Especially, for the sake of the doggies.
Ah, I also try to avoid talking about the heat we are suffering. It makes me feel more comfort and try to focus on other things even when inside me “I’m thinking from time to time how tired I feel because of the high temperatures”. I accept this thought but try to distract myself with something else and it helps me.
Try to avoid thinking that you are not taking advantages of your summer, think only at the present day and the possibilities you can have at every single moment. Stay present.

Let life surprises you.

Keep telling us how are you going.

As a side note, I’m not sure but I think there’s a depression that has to do with seasons. Not sure, I’m talking now by memory.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Breaking Dawn