Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,780 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Crazy Jul 30, 2022 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Me, too, pachy. I go to see an eye doctor about getting surgery on mine. What fun!
I'm scared to death of that! Surgery of any kind freaks me out, but my EYES???!!! I don't have cataracts and I know not everyone gets them. But they are common......And I don't have anyone to drive me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Study casts more doubt on use of high-dose vitamin D pills

Oh, well. I'm now trying to get out into the sun more.
I don't know what's considered "high dose" but my own doctor said for me to take OTC supplements because my Vit D level was so low. Well it improved a lot now!

After all those years of hearing avoid the sun because it causes skin cancer, I still avoid the sun. I wear a big hat or use my umbrella, wear sunscreen, and usually long sleeves. Plus, the sun is HOT here where I am, not mild and soothing. If exposes without sunscreen I keep it brief, just a few minutes not hours. Sun exposure is cumulative in how it damages, as I have sun damage now from my years of sunbathing as a teenager! In those days, there was no talk of skin cancer.

Used to get Coppertone's dark tanning lotion and lay there and bake, like chicken! I cringe when I think of it now.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
pachyderm