View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Help Jul 30, 2022 at 03:09 PM

It took me awhile to get the hang of the trigger code. The trick is no spaces between the beginning of the code, the text, and the end of the code. When you type the text, you can type as much as you want! Emojis too, paragraph breaks as well.

It's the same for any code, like for boldface. That would be an upper case B I think.

bold

For that, I used "[ B ]" as the code for boldface. And "[ /B] " to indicate the end of the coding or boldface. I added quotes and additional spaces so it will appear to you.

The red button is an icon to use for your post, like all the others such as smiley, question mark, poll icon, light bulb, etc. It's kind of a preview I think, to give people a heads up on the "tone" of the post before they read it. That's how I use it anyway, like if something makes me mad, I choose the red angry frowny.

Some site use a different symbol for their codes, like < instead of [. Goodreads does this and I get it mixed up with this site so avoid trying to format anything on there.

For Tapatalk, FYI,, there's no button for specific codes, just "code" itself. Then you have to type the right code, like b for boldface. (I think it's lower case on there) I pick that code button first, then type the text in the middle. After that I fill in the code. No preview option though, so I've typed some weird looking stuff, LOL.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote