View Single Post
VivaldisSeasons

Member Since Jul 2022
9 hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2022 at 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive. View Post
How about meetup groups or joining like-minded people / people who like the same activities as you or who share common interests? Volunteering? Support peer groups?

PS: If you were to try therapy again, I would choose a different therapist. First her initial advice to go to that reunion was, imo, a poor one. Secondly, if she will only tell you something like: use a manual or 'go find yourself' - then she is clearly not the therapist for you. There are different 'brands' of therapy and I would explore what these have to offer. Not all therapy techniques are the same.
@Riva. Sorry for the late response - I had to think about what you wrote. I did a little research over the last couple of days, and I may have found a therapist in my area. I haven't contacted her yet, but it might be worth a try. The reviews are excellent and based on the specifics on her website she might be able to help. Maybe I will call her - can't hurt to ask and check.

Regarding joining groups etc. This kind of sounds stressful and forced to me - if I get the feeling that I have to do something, because there are certain appointments; that I must be at a specific location because there's a certain timetable... it sort of takes the fun away. It could ruin a hobby for me. (Also, there are people I don't know, I'd have to go there completely alone. This sounds scary and uncomfortable.) Plus, I have a full-time job and when I get home in the evening, I'm just beat... Maybe if there were something close by and on the weekends - but I still have to check, I just moved to this area recently. Maybe it's hard for me to think clearly about things right now, at the moment everything's exhausting... I'm completely lacking any motivation even for the things I usually like and enjoy. So this might not be the ideal time to think about joining groups or organizing my time outside of work.
VivaldisSeasons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote