View Single Post
AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 02, 2022 at 07:19 PM

I have social phobia as you can see on my signature. So, my social interactions have been for a long long time reduced or limited to very closed people (very small group) and to my kids at school, sometimes to my kids’ parents and my coworkers of course but these two last interactions occurred only when I see myself forced and they were as a rule, not very successful experiences. 😢

The thing is that now that I’m opened up to interact and have a conversation with new people, I’m realising that there are many things that I didn’t know or experienced.
It doesn’t mind. I’m open to learn. But, I now understand why in the past I triggered discussions or made people to have a hard time. Of course, my family and the few friends who dared to cope with me. 😂

It’s not that closed people didn’t explain to me “this is like that, or these things works as such”
For instance, my partner is extremely sociable so he usually tells me and gives me advices of what it’s more convenient for me to do outside home or when I have to be cautious or avoid a certain person. But, I’m afraid humans learn more from experience than for what they are said.

So far, I’ve learnt two things:

- It’s true that saying, hunt with cats and you catch only rats.
- Be cautious when speaking your mind out about certain topics. You have to take into account who you are with and where you are. You better know this before bringing out a certain topic.

I’m thinking that it’s sad. Each time I dislike more how social activity runs but I can’t do anything to change it.
I don’t know…I’m confused about this topic. I don’t know what to think about it.

There’s no question in this thread. I only want to share my new experience and of course, you can, if you feel like, express your opinion. Give me any piece of advise, tell me about your own experiences, etc.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Yaowen