View Single Post
Yaowen
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2020
6,475 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 03, 2022 at 12:21 PM

Sorry that is happening to you. Wish I knew what to say that would help. I have a technique I use that helps me but I am an odd person so I doubt it would be helpful to you or others in the same situation.

I my case, I just say and repeat in my mind the words: "I love you Yao Wen". This helps me a lot especially with limited symptom panic attacks and rolling panic attacks. If things get really bad I was prescribed an anxiolytic medication for these times. It is called Clonazepam.

I have read in books written by psychologists about remedies for panic attacks: punching a pillow over and over again, splashing very cold water in one's face, breathing techniques and such. One psychologist I read suggested keeping a little card in one's pocket to read during a panic attack. On it would be written things like "You have having a panic attack. You are not going crazy. You are in no real danger" and other encouraging and supportive words like that.

So sorry I don't know how to be helpful to you. Hopefully other members here will see your post and respond in really kind and helpful ways.

Panic attacks are so brutal. Those who have never suffered them have no idea how terrible they can be. It is pain beyond the very threshold of pain.
Yaowen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
MaverickLovesYou