View Single Post
Anonymous32448

Trig Aug 03, 2022 at 04:16 PM

There's a petition about allowing rescues to take into Canada, cats and dogs from war torn countries, it's a good thing in theory but there's one big problem that the people who have created the petition don't seem to of thought about:

I am not sure about Canada, but this country (and I believe in America) there are way too many cats and dogs already in rescues, waiting for a new home,
Possible trigger:

If rescues start to take in loads of cats and dogs from war torn countries, that will make this problem worse. Rescues only have a set amount of space that they can look after animals (and limited funds to look after them)

This means that it WILL lead to pets already in the country, that desperately need to be rescued from a bad situation, to be left in that bad situation due to lack of space in the rescues, potentially (spelling)
Possible trigger:
They are basically saying, the way i am seeing the petition, that just cause the other cats and dogs are in a worse position, that they want pets already in the country to suffer for longer, to save other pets.

Surely it should be down to the country the cats and dogs are already in, to take responsibility?

Educationing the people in that country i do not have a problem with, teaching them about animal welfare, thats surely a much better idea than saying "yes we will take all the unwanted cats and dogs from that country" then realising "we have taken in too many and our rescues cannot take in any pets that are suffering in this country cause we swamped the rescues with unwanted pets from abroad"

Am I wrong in feeling like this? Or do I have a valid point?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, downandlonely, LiteraryLark

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, downandlonely