Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 03, 2022 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post

Yes, I planned for that future & had great retirement saved then life happened & then my financially incompetent husband took over the finances when I was in a bad place & lost it all. Left & started over with nothing but my social security based on my career income & unplanned inheritance that opened the door so I could leave even though it was with nothing from the 33 year marriage.

I have learned from all that past to make plans for future BUT NEVER cast them in concrete in my mind. Things change so quickly in my life, being flexible & never being really disappointed at what happens has become my philosophy. I observe & try to make the best choices in the present but everything seems to change. My life is like an onion, peel back tomorrow & you may find that a totally different path is required. Being flexible & making wise mind decisions in the present seems to be my best option for how to live my life.

Lol....I have a paid for farm & truck & making improvements as money comes available. My ex owns nothing. Lost the home we owned & has debt. Wise choices in the present then adapting as needed (including saving for retirement) I have found is the best. If I worry about something in the future, It may NEVER happen, but something I never considered may.
Good points! Being flexible and ready to adjust to change is very important. I believe in combination of being prepared and being able to change your plans as needed. Have plan a, b and c so to speak.

Unfortunately I do know people who did zero planning for the future and didn’t give it any thought on how the future will play out. Sadly they find themselves in a horrible shape because they didn’t bother to think things through until it’s way too late.

But of course things could change any minute. Doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to live in a la la land
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
downandlonely, eskielover, LiteraryLark