View Single Post
unlived

Member Since Mar 2013
Default Aug 05, 2022 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Beth* View Post
Ugh, I thought I was doing a lot better today then too many things happened (nothing in particular, just too much piled together) and I'm starting to unravel again. I could finally turn the a/c off and open the windows, with the fans on. Feeling paranoid plus things are sliding around. Moving too fast, maybe. Welll...90 minutes until I will take the lithium. Med dude said that lithium works quickly. Did he mean "quickly" as in one dose? or "quickly" as in 2 days? I'm not sure. If I could just really sleep tonight. I ache all over.

It works when it gets to your therapeutic level - whatever that is for you. There’s a therapeutic range but everyone is different. My therapeutic level was 1 which is on the high side but some people work at sub therapeutic levels and it can take days to a week or so I think of regular dosing to get to a steady level. It doesn’t take too long from memory to notice changes.

I just did a quick google and found this “The therapeutic range for prophylaxis is between 0.6–0.8 mmol/L and in acute treatment is 0.8–1.2 mmol/L.”

But I have heard of people responding well at 0.3 so it wouldn’t take long to reach that level.

I hope it works well for you and quickly!
unlived is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, BeyondtheRainbow, bizi

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bizi, Nammu