AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

AzulOscuro has no updates.

8 yr Member
1,748 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 05, 2022 at 01:15 PM

Social anxiety and consuming of drugs are pretty much related.
And much more alcohol that it’s a legal drug. It’s understandable that she wants to make use of it to feel some sort of disinhibition. Kind of self-medication.
Last week, I was in a park with an acquaintance and a guy who joined us and she (my acquaintance) made a comment pretty revealing that I won’t forget. She said with sorrow to the guy: You see, I’m only can be fun by drinking alcohol.
I understand why you are concerned, especially when in the past she struggled with it.
It’s easy to cross the line of addiction without even noticing.

I wished that I could help you. Because you can’t force or control another person as much as she’s your romantic partner. You only can be there by her side (don’t let her drive. Drive yourself. This is the first because you both are putting into risk other people). Tell her information about where to go to do for a rehab.
Offer her a challenge. Going out for a little bit of interaction without using alcohol. So she will realised that it’s not needed. But, begin with little interactions that requires from her very little effort and anxiety because you are going to be there, to support her. For this, you have to reach an agreement with her.

Tell us how it is going. And whether you are finding some struggles to handle this situation.
I wish you and your girl all the best!!!!

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated