View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

WastingAsparagus is trying to enjoy life.

10 yr Member
2,909 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2022 at 08:28 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you. Sometimes I worry about my weight too. I don't know what it's like for you, but for me, when I worry about my weight, it's like I'm negatively judging myself. And to have that reinforced by people outside really is difficult, because they can't understand the way it makes us feel about it.

Right now I'm overweight and I'm comfortable with it, even though it does make me uncomfortable at times when people suggest I just exercise and do all the things that are "supposed" to make people lose weight. I think people in general are extremely uncomfortable about the concept of appearance and weight.

I think a lot of it has to do with the media and the portrayal of "amazing-looking" people. (That's just how I view it). Of course not trying to push my views on anyone else.

Anyway, just wanted to say I understand how that might be hurtful towards you, and it's definitely not okay to suggest even "mildly" or "subtly" that someone should lose weight. Especially if they're not comfortable with the topic.

I think it is okay for like a doctor or therapist to discuss weight with people in a compassionate way, meaning they don't judge people for their weight. (This is probably incredibly difficult to do in practice). But judging people for their weight is definitely not okay.

WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mountaindewed

Thanks for this!
Mountaindewed