Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2022 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAbbott View Post
Hi, I hope this is the place to post this. Yes I am bipolar, but hopefully all psychosis are similar or relatable.

I wanted to tell you my psychosis has changed during the last 6 years. I used to feel mania and psychosis, a feeling that I'd compare as being "touched" by the hand of God, truly special and very positive. Sure, I got into some trouble eventually, but my attitude was very positive and I saw the world with awe, expectation and a true desire to explore it everyday. This has changed. I don't know if any of your pdocs ask you about your specific thoughts during psychosis... I know mine doesn't care a bit about it (I could believe I'm an Apostle and he wouldn't know)...Maybe he and I should discuss if I feel depressed or elated during my psychosis, but that just hasn't happened... Nowadays I feel a rush of adrenaline but I see the world, and specially its inhabitants through a very negative optic... It ends up affecting me, and yes, I am aware I might have delusions mostly, but I wonder why this shift has happened, why this disillusionment... I'm not violent but I feel aggression in the world, in the people that surround me. Has this ever happened to you?

Cheers.
I hear you when you say that pdocs don't really ask about specific thoughts during psychosis. I used to feel an amazing sense of bliss during psychosis.

However, that feeling came down (back to Earth) I suppose.

Disillusionment sucks, I think for me it happens as a result of "coming to terms with" my psychosis.

I just know that was a hard process for me. I hope you can navigate it and ultimately feel good.

WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MrAbbott