Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default Aug 07, 2022 at 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
Thank you QM for understanding and relating. I'm sorry you're going through something similar.

L's time off is for different reasons. Yes, one being a vacation. I'm not trying to convince her to not go. I understand each reason. I think, and she thinks too, that I'm more triggered than normal because we've been working with my child parts.

I still haven't talked to her. I truly don't know to say. Sure, the child me is screaming "Don't leave me", but adult me understands why she is. Child me is afraid she's abandoning me, but adult me knows she always comes back.

I'm jusy waiting to either hear from L or T because I don't know what to do!
I'm wondering if your child part(s) need reassurance that she'll come back, and that she won't suddenly get sick of you, or abruptly get tired about being a therapist.

Thinking aloud because those are/were some of my fears with my therapist. Some of these fears still remain, because as logical as adult you is, these aren't very amendable to logic.

That's despite me talking about my feelings, and some work done with my known child alter (who adores my T) in therapy. That's where I don't know what to say or do, so I can work on it in my therapy. I don't know how to go deeper on it, to heal whatever it is below.

There's other younger alters who don't like therapy, and I don't always have communication with them, so I come across very ambivalent at times!
Quietmind 2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, Taylor27