View Single Post
Lonelyinmyheart
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2019
1,732 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 07, 2022 at 11:32 AM

Okay, I have a new theory. I know how ridiculous this is but it just shows how confusing the whole situation is for me based on your original text.

First, you realised how expensive it would be to use your phone at all outside of wifi. This was a shock to you. You also realised that access to wifi would be unpredictable and so you didn't want to set a call up knowing it might not happen.

So, you told me you weren't going to be using your phone much because it cost too much unless you connected to wifi. My confusion was... can't we just use wifi as planned for texts/calls? But maybe you thought it was too iffy. I wish you'd told me that.

Second, you've certainly been using your phone, judging by your whatsapp activity. But maybe you've kept it switched on more than originally planned using data roaming so you receive notifications, while not actively using whatsapp, or only minimally to keep in touch with family back home. So everytime you receive a message or send a message, you use more data and get charged. (You could have set up a data package?)

It's not a perfect theory but it's the best one I have. It will be interesting to see whether I was right when you finally get in touch on your return. I know how disorganised you are and how unlikely it is that you set up any sort of international package to afford cheap data and judging by how unsure you were about wifi before you left, it seems to suggest you are simply leaving your phone on as you have little or no wifi.

I know I need to just trust you when I don't understand. But it's not easy. I like to work things out in my head so they make sense. You know that about me. It prevents the pain and confusion from becoming unbearable and jumping to default positions such as 'she's sick of me' and 'she doesn't care about me as much as she says.'

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight