View Single Post
abtom87
Newly Joined

Member Since Aug 2022
Default Aug 09, 2022 at 08:01 AM

I cheated on my wife with whom I was married for 7 years. I'm a passionate musician and she never really appreciated something that meant a lot to me and we had already drifted apart.

6 months ago, I fell in love with another woman. She came in as a bass player in my band, she valued my music and we fell in love. We talked about common goals and how we could achieve them together. She said she raises her son by herself and wants more kids. Something I did not see happening with my wife. And I never expected that I could jam my favorite songs with a woman bass player.

I told my wife pretty early about my affair. I decided to stick with my girlfriend because it felt right at the time. She has a 9 year old son, now I live with her and her son.

And I'm not in love with her the way I used to be in the beginning because of many reasons. I feel she said those things in the beginning just for the sake of it. It's hard to work with her together. Every time I try to tell her something she takes it very personally. It's very hard to communicate or convey a message. She was alone for a long time and both of us like taking charge of things. And I get annoyed because a lot of things she does is just stupid. I don't know honestly, how long I can go on with this. Perhaps, they are just consequences of what I did my ex-wife. I did not seek marriage counselling, I was in love and just wanted to enjoy the moment. And in the initial days, I really thought I could imagine a future with her.

Physically I'm doing okay, mentally I'm a wreck. When I look and remember things what me and my wife had together, things she had gifted me, it makes me emotional. I cry when my girlfriend does not see me. She figures I am sad, but she is not aware of the actual reason.

Perhaps, someone has an idea how to tackle this situation. Thank you.
abtom87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote