View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
Default Aug 11, 2022 at 01:07 AM

I'm much calmer and feeling more stable with the increased Lamictal dose. What an enormous relief. Why did med due tell me that Lamictal "isn't really a mood stabilizer"? I mean, yeah...I get that it's technically an anti-seizure med, but ???

The only concern I'm kind-of having is that all day my heartbeat is fluttering. It's uncomfortable and a little bit worrisome because the "Lamictal symptoms" lists say let your prescriber know right away if your heart beat is fluttering. Of course, if I contact him he'll tell me to drop the dose back to 200mg. and I'll go crazy again. So I'm thinking that I'll sleep tonight and see if I have the heartbeat thing tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't.

I'm not feeling confident with med dude. He was okay until I was in crisis, then he seemed to lose confidence, ability, and knowledge. And his lack of experience was glaring. So I am going to check around and hopefully get connected with someone who has more experience with psych meds. I may need to go to the town nearby, about 15 miles. The mental health services there are so much better because there is a very large university in that town. The gas cost is a big problem, but if I can plan a week or 2 in advance it would be a help.

I had a wonderful skate today! About 2 hours of pure joy! I have this idea of wearing my skates everywhere I go, but I suppose grocery stores would make a big deal out of it (although they don't have "no skates" signs).

David...ugh. Since he turned 75 his self-centeredness and his OCD has become extreme. His environment is seriously dangerous. A major fire hazard, filthy, and with almost no running water. His emotional abuse of me is to a point at which I see him much less than I have for some years. I'm going to try to avoid calling him or answering his calls tomorrow. I must have a break, especially if my heart is being weird like this. I need some peace in my body.

Well, luvs, I'm off to bed. @buddha1too, you're in my loving thoughts.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45330, BeyondtheRainbow, buddha1too, MuddyBoots, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123, wildflowerchild25

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, buddha1too, Moose72