View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2022 at 07:17 AM

Yes I’d agree black and white thinking isn’t good in any scenario - what Mr Bojangles describes sounds to me like an extreme case of black and white thinking, where his wife does not seem at all open to any other possibilities other than the one she believes in.

When you talk about her beliefs in food shortages I can personally see the path of logic she’s following- after all we all experienced that 2 and a half years ago at the start of the pandemic.

I was working in food retail at the time and I can verify there was no supply issue - it was a mass panic which created sudden demand outstripping the availability. Simply put, many people over bought. Yet try as we might myself and my colleagues could not get through to people that everything would be fine as long as they just bought what they needed. It was an education in psychology for us all. At the root of it all was an extreme anxiety- and people influenced each other, we’re social animals.

So in a way your wife may be using recent experience to prepare for the future, she’s seen panic buying and shortages so she’s preparing for it to happen again. There is logic there.

You’re quite right when you say even if a disaster happens her sphere of influence is limited, but she seems to have an urge to prepare, to try to control?

How are you doing Mr Bojangles? We’ve all written quite a lot of different things here, but I’m wondering if any of it has struck a chord with you?
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lizardlady

Thanks for this!
downandlonely, eskielover, lizardlady, Mendingmysoul