Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2022 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Aw, thanks, Kit! I have MaxAlt (a triptan), which usually works, but it's not helping this one as much for some reason. I could take a second dose, but I'm trying to hold out as much as possible, as I can't take more than 2 in 24 hours. Caffeine helped a little.
I hear you, LT

I take sumatriptan (Generic for Imitrex) and sometimes I have to take a second dose, but like you I can't take more than 2 in 24 hours. I had a migraine when I was at the hospital. It started in the ER and then lasted two days because no one would give me sumatriptan. Only Tylenol. Well Tylenol did nothing for the migraine and just gave me an upset stomach. I was so sick. Finally my Dad brought the sumatriptan down for me to where I was in LA (about 1.5 hours away from me) and then it had to go through pharmacy, and then the doctor had to order it. Ugh. The whole thing was horrible and unnecessary. I finally got the sumatriptan on Thursday afternoon and it worked within 2 hours. I was so mad.

But back to you. Ignore my rant there. I don't know if you could step away from the computer (as sometimes the brightness of the screen messes with me), and lay in a dark room, with either an ice pack or a heating pad, (I use either depending on what works). Try to sleep through the worst of it, if you can. Are you having nausea? Maybe take a little something to settle your stomach. Yes, caffeine helps a little but it's not enough on it's own.

HUGS. I hope you feel better soon! Kit

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight