View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2022 at 04:52 PM

Well my youngest niece survived her first day of Kindergarten.

My sister sent me before school and after school pictures. In the after school picture, my niece is wearing some kind of paper hat that they colored. I am surprised she colored because she doesn't like coloring, and when she does color she DEMANDS markers but it was nicely colored (for a five year old) in crayon. Maybe she saw the other kiddos using crayons and wanted to fit in. And, she actually kept her hair up all day, and did not pull out the elastic bands from her pigtails. I am astonished. Small victories/miracles.

My sister said that when it was time to drop her off at school she anticipated a big scene with tears and meltdowns and the like. But she walked through the gate in the fence like she owned the place. And she said when she got picked up that her day was long. Lol.

Probably because baby girl stays up until 11 PM or 12 AM and now she has to get up for school early in the AM. (My sister and brother-in-law don't believe in set bedtimes, just that children will go to sleep when they are tired. Shrug. I don't know. I don't have kiddos. We had a bedtime growing up, but I don't know if that is common or uncommon.)

Thanks for this!
Angelique67