View Single Post
Anonymous45330

Default Aug 11, 2022 at 07:38 PM

I had fun at my building's women's coffee social this morning. One woman had had a handsome contractor in and i had tried to get her to let me make an excuse to come over but she didn't want me distracting him so we funned about that. We were outside today in the garden because it was so nice out and i had my dog with me so i just brought her to the group. My dog didn't speak but she listened supportively, haha!

The days are getting shorter and the wild energy of my mania has evaporated and i have to pace myself rigorously. I try to just do one chore a day. My mood is okay tho, so thankful for that. Still enjoying life but just accepting that i have only a small fraction of the energy i had while manic and have to prioritize ruthlessly. I went to my drop-in yesterday for just the first hour. I had been going 12 hours a week. Now i'm just going one hour a week.

An appealing man made a gesture yesterday. It could mean anything. When i went to leave he leapt to his feet, dashed to the door and held it open for me. We've connected over our interest in African wear. He's very positive and pleasant and educated and a former electrical engineer and he's nice and tall and has a car and knows how to cook and is my age.

I'm too exhausted to consider romance at the moment tho. And anyways, his gesture could have meant anything. Or nothing. No matter, i don't have the energy for a relationship now so i'll just be casual drop-in friends with him. If he's still around when i get manic next April i can take action then.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, BeyondtheRainbow, buddha1too, MuddyBoots, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123