View Single Post
Aurelius710
Elder

Member Since Oct 2015
1,675 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2022 at 11:54 PM

So, I'll be on the job a day later than anticipated, but my supervisor said starting Tuesday would be a done deal and even gave my start time! I'm thrilled!

The leaky pipe became a very leaky pipe today. I managed to plug the hole (somewhat) with duct tape and got the replacement parts lined up to install in the morning. My mistake: asking my dad for a roll of duct tape and answering honestly. I get home, plug the hole and start housekeeping stuff. I pick up my phone after two hours: eight missed calls from both dad and cousin. Cue faux indignation, gaslighting and interference to the point I could realistically call the cops on them both. They want to fix my sink for me, even though I know how?

The utilitarian part of me says let 'em, especially if they're paying for it. Of course, there's the "Let's rip out the pipe and let the house rot away under a standing pool of water so his "commands" are ignored and his investment is for naught." part of me. Not a wise move at this juncture. Anybody ever met anyone that makes you want to "cut off your nose to spite your face?"

Tomorrow will be interesting. Hopefully a resolution on the plumbing side of things!

I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear (Dune)
Aurelius710 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, BeyondtheRainbow, buddha1too, downandlonely, MuddyBoots, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
downandlonely