View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 12, 2022 at 03:18 PM

I had a rather heated argument with my husband after the appointments we had. As we weren't heading home (like I thought), but returned to s-i-l's, she witnessed it.

Too often, my husband makes decisions and plans without properly discussing them with me as "a partnership". That tendency makes me feel treated as a child. I've discussed this with him in the past, but his tendency continues on, at times. When with his sister and nephew, he tends to focus on conversing on certain such issues, in Czech, with them more than me, as I sit aside frustrated. I do partially or fully understand when they start getting too involved in our business. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against extended family "input" but not active pushes of what/how we should do yada yada, and again, not at times in a language I'm not fully understanding. Indeed, it was a time Hubby and I needed to be alone...heading home.

So, Hubby "informed me" we were staying another night this afternoon. Then this evening, he "informed me" we were all taking a trip tomorrow morning in the direction of the city we live in. When they're all sitting there at the time, it's hard to nix the idea. However, tomorrow I will be wearing today's dirty underwear because it was my plan to already be home as I type this. Right now they are all outside in the cold night air in front of a bonfire. I'm inside typing. I went in because I was a) tired, b) needed to tend to a physical health issue that I can't fully do so outside of home, c) don't have a jacket/sweater because I wouldn't have needed one if we returned home today and just DON'T want to borrow one, d) I've had enough socializing for the stressful couple days, e) I'm pissed off as hell, f) I wanted to write Hubby a note expressing my hurt and disappointment in his disrespect. A written note is often better than a verbal conversation as his knee-jerk reactions are usually defense, excuses, or similar. He inherited his family's "Always right" attitude, which is challenging to deal with. Though this is surely a factor in his treatment, I can't help but wonder if our 13 year age difference has also always been. Plus, perhaps my being on disability these many years. Prior to the latter, I was the bigger money earner. That helped ofset these other influences. Or, the dude is really a bit short on common sense.

Actually, I did pack an extra pair of underwear, but I wrote to him that I didn't. Not sure how else to guilt the sucker. He can't easily suggest I ask to borrow one of s-i-l's.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, buddha1too, downandlonely, Moose72, Nammu, Sunflower123