Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2022 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
When this happens I tend first to give my personal experience with how I handled similar experience or if I am just giving a suggested way to handle something I make sure it is stated as just a suggestion & not telling them what they should do.

I am also a "problem solver" more than one who gives "poor baby" responses. My reply are always action oriented. You just can't take that kind of thinking out of a computer engineer's mind.....but I try to make it into a suggestion rather than "THE SOLUTION"
Ok. Be very cautions with the words I use.
I normally use: Why not…? Or have you try/think about…? Or sometimes I simply ask the person how does (s)he feels or what did (s)he think of doing?

I think this is not very nosy or arrogant, isn’t it?

I wonder how to know wether the person wants or not your opinion. I think you only can know if the person already trust you and asks.

Here, I don’t usually do it. I go straight away many times. Obviously, this is a support group but maybe there are people who don’t welcome a technique or a suggesting about something worked for me because they don’t see it needed.

I will try to be less direct. I normally have a a very direct way to speak. It happens here and in face to face life.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, eskielover