View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,483 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2022 at 11:12 PM

I just wanted to thank everyone for being here. I stayed with our dog until the vet came to euthanize him (we had a wonderful vet who happened to be in the clinic when the answering service called her. She got a tech and they drove out here, did the euthanasia in the living room where he had collapsed and then took his body for cremation. We will never forget that kindness as we couldn't have gotten him out to the car or into it without really hurting him and it would have been very hard at best).

Anyway, when the vet arrived I left and came over to my house because I didn't want to be there for the actual procedure and I can't tell you all how much it helped me to type that message and know people would care.

He was a good dog and we'll miss him so much. I'm just glad he's no longer suffering. The last few weeks his arthritis pain had just gotten so much worse. The vet even said that he was in pain and this was the best thing. We got him to the lake he loved one last time this week which I'm so glad about even though he scared me to death trying to do more than his body would allow.

He was a good, good boy and I'll miss him so much. The other dog is wilder and just not the same. I love him too but Jasper was more my dog than the other (both are my mom's but kinda mine since I'm next door and deal with them daily).

Thanks again. I'm so glad for this place and all of you.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous45330, Aurelius710, buddha1too, downandlonely, Moose72, Mountaindewed, MuddyBoots, Nammu, Soupe du jour, VerMOZZica

Thanks for this!
*Beth*