View Single Post
AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 15, 2022 at 06:22 PM

Yesterday, I was reading about Gestalt therapy. My first impression is on one side is that there are some good points as to what self-knowledge regards and how to take the best of a person’s potentials (kind of a meeting with oneself, overcoming many of the ideas, roles or demands from the outside learnt since we we were kids.
The negative points, from what I’ve read so far are: A well-trained professional is needed and there are differences between countries in this sense. The other negative factor is that few empirical knowledge is known to assume the therapy is effective in anxiety.

But, what I wanted to say today is that today I came across an interesting article called “The truth about anxiety”. There are even techniques to put into practise, the best therapies.
I got the article in the PsychCentral Newsletter I received today in my e-mail account.
I subscribed it since I joined the forum but I’m not sure whether this possibility is still available for the new users.
I hope that I’m not doing anything wrong if I paste here the link. If I do. My apologises to the mods and admis.

The Truth About Anxiety | Psych Central

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote