Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2022 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post

My mom used to donate to a couple of charities that meant something special to her. Couple of times a year she'd ask if I thought she was doing the "right" thing. I still believe in what I used to tell her. There are sooo many charities out there pick the ones that mean something to you. I would add a caveat to that now to suggest researching the charity to make sure the money is actually going to those in need, not lining the pockets of the administrators. We can save every needy person or critter in the world. Most folks I know also don't have huge amounts to donate. I see nothing wrong with donating to a group that helps a cause close to your own heart.
Exactly, picking the charity that speaks to you & that gives the money to the needy rather than lining CEO'S pockets is really the important points. I give mostly to horse rescues myself when it comes to charities since I have worked closely with them on a personal basis & know the ones I support. Each person does best when it is something close to their heart

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lizardlady