PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 17, 2022 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
i feel like crap.

so this morning, I found out that

Possible trigger:

but that's not what upset me

she then said to me, (the person who told me), well, 49, it's not old at all... a life wasted- life is short. you need to grab life every day

and I know I've not done that- and though I thought it would be a wake up call to actually do something, what it's made me realise is... that no, I don't want to do something- I'm done.

and that's sad. especially seeing as I'm younger than 49 and believe I've not begun to live
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your friend who died. Oh yes, it upsets me a lot to hear about anyone dying especially someone around my age whom I knew well. Even though they may die of something that will not happen to me, it's still upsetting. It's been very upsetting to me to find out someone had died who had taken great care of themselves. I've know cases like that - scary!

As far as "doing something" with your life with how you feel about it, I feel the same way myself. Funny thing is that, last night, my friend and I had an intensive talk about me; and what I'm doing for myself. In the past (and not long ago it seems) I had been a warrior to shoot for my dreams even though well-meaning people in my life tried to talk me out of it. And, as of right now, I'm doing OK with my finances and retired, but I'm not resting on it. Lately I feel like I'm wilting. I was such a go-getter in the past compared to now. I don't have motivation to do something to change my life for better. I feel bad about this. All I can say to you is, "you're not alone". I know that cliche may sound cheesy, but that's how I feel. Oh, and by the way, I've heard that 80 is too young to go!

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Breaking Dawn, Buffy01, MimiBhaduri0, T4bbyCat

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, Buffy01, T4bbyCat