View Single Post
WovenGalaxy
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 19, 2022 at 08:02 PM

Hi willowtigger, I'm sorry you're struggling with feeling badly about being put on ignore by someone. It's a cruddy feeling, for sure. In my time here, I've both been put on ignore and have used the function to put others on ignore when I have felt it was needed. Speaking as someone who has put others on ignore at times, sometimes it's a hard decision. I don't usually think those who I've put on ignore are bad people. They are just humans who I have boundaries with and choose not to engage with on an internet forum. Sometimes, it's just a matter of their own issues rubbing my issues the wrong way. It does hurt to be put on ignore, and our brains can go haywire thinking "what did I do??" when we get that ignore message. I've felt that way too. Also I don't think there is one blanket situation for ignore like "person gets put on ignore because they are bad and the person ignoring them is better." There are unique triggers, needs, and situations that may lead someone to put someone else on ignore. You are still a good person. You are still wanted here. You may not be able to control the actions of others, but you can control how you take care of yourself in response.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg in my control.jpg (49.4 KB, 4 views)

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous32448, Bill3, Discombobulated, downandlonely, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Bill3, Discombobulated, downandlonely, lizardlady, unaluna